again, i made the wise decision of showering at night so that i could sleep in even more this morning. for breakfast, we realized that we were running out of eggs, so each of us got half an egg and a spoonful of beans. filling? i think not! however, went on to school where i tutored Candy today. She still hasn't made a lot of progress, but she was at least attentive and tried today! For break, there was CAKE in the office that we devoured! It was really yummy moist cake, with peach icing and slices of peaches on top. De-lish! After we had snack, we went to work in the Bodega. Update: ALL CLOTHES HAVE BEEN SORTED! We're just about to start shoes and games and other random things! It SHOULD be finished by the time that the other girls leave next week! We also spent a good part of the morning on the phone with travel agencies, but got our beach trip BOOKED for this weekend!!!!! We're able to do our whole trip excluding food for $78!
After our lovely lunch of spinach soup, I was able to administer the 4th & 6th grade math exam. They were being tested on fractions. I LOVED giving the exam, and getting to walk around the classroom like a real teacher and observe. I got to help some of them and just really was touched by seeing their faces light up when they finally understood! I found out that all of them passed their tests and actually passed them pretty highly-so excited for them!!
At around 2:45, Melanie took us to San Lucas to exchange some money (we wanted to walk, but it's just not safe to be walking after you've exited a bank with a wad of cash) We also stopped the bakery where I was able to pick up some poppy seed muffins for the trip to the beach!! Once we got back, we put away our stuff, and went out to play! NEVER a dull moment! I got to jump on the trampoline and play trampoline games with Doris and Thania. SO fun! Doris and I had a good time talking-she is one of the older girls who isn't that easy to get to know, but I feel like she's loosened up with me a good bit! Always an exciting feeling!
Post trampoline, I went inside and realized I was itching my head like MAD. So, I went to Rebecca who sat me down and began searching my head for lice. Now, she's done this about 6 times since we've been here, and never have we ever found anything! However, today we saw those dang little buggers crawlin around in there. We got all the live big ones we could find, and have plucked out a lot of the eggs too. I'm currently googling "at-home" lice treatments so I can try to kill 'em before they get out of control!
We had supper at about 6:30 and it was DELICIOUS. We had fried tortillas with a tomato, cheese, and onion salsa on it! I ate 4 tortillas and just want some more! After supper, I brought the girls up to the office with me to skype with Sydney-a girl who came on the Pawleys team, and who they all love! Sydney can't speak much spanish, so most of the time was spent translating-so fun!
Now, I'm about to go rub mayonnaise in my hair, because apparently that is what will get the little buggers out. After this lovely experience, I will eat some popcorn while I wait for it to kick in! Hoorah! Pray that I get these guys outta my head so I don't scratch anymore!
Ta ta for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment