i made such a wonderful decision in taking a shower last night. this morning, i literally ROLLED off my bed, slipped on my shoes, and slothed my way over to the lice house for breakfast. i was really disappointed to walk in and have a bowl of chocolate corn flakes with hot milk. so, i quickly tolerated my cereal and staggered back to my house and got right back in bed. best choice not to have to take a shower and get ready. we woke up again to a GORGEOUS day. sooo excited. school started again at 7:30 and I started off my day by tutoring Wendy. We did so much with math, and lectura. She is SO good. I'm so proud of her performance academically. I asked her during tutoring what she wanted to do when she grows up, and she said "Habla ingles como tu. Yo quiero ser igual a ti." I almost cried. I was so excited. Oh, and for those of you who speak nothing but english, that means, "Talk english like you. I want to be the same as you." Sooo presh. :)
After tutoring, I was SO excited to see my mom online and get to catch up with her! I was having a "I need to be alone and can't handle anymore spanish, and I have a sinus infection" moment. She was so comforting. There is nothin' like talking to yo momma. :) After that, I went and taught 2nd grade math with Rachael. We're working on multiplication with them and figuring out money. They aren't quite getting it yet, but we're working really hard. It's crazy hard to explain these concepts in another language too.
After lunch (Chow Mein again-hated it this time too), Sarah and I decided to take advantage of all the sunlight and go outside to translate some letters from the girls' sponsors. NOT an easy task. We had to translate the words: cat kennel, and hot springs. These are not words that are in the dictionary, and are NOT taught to you in your high school or college spanish class. However, because it took so much time, it was really lovely to once again, BASK in the sunlight!
At about 3, the other interns and I decided to walk into San Lucas and see what was going on. We walked down, got some ice cream, and went to the square where we just enjoyed people watching for awhile. Once we finished our yummy Sarita, we walked back up the giant mountain to the Oasis. I was SO proud of us-today was the first day that we've made it all the way up the mountain without having to stop and rest! Hooray for getting in shape! Once we got back home, I was so grateful for some rest-however got DRAGGED into playing a quite competitive game of soccer. I was the goalie. Got hit in the face twice, and slammed in the shins an uncountable amount! Our team of "gringas" lost the game, 7-5, and that's when I decided to NOT play a second round.
I joined my house just in time for a dance sesh with Alex Campos-most famous and most loved Christian Latino singer around. How perfect. Learned some new Latin dance moves, that I can't wait to show each and every one of you when I get home! "A la mesa!!" was called, and dinner was served! Tonight we had eggs with tomatoes and ham in them, beans, and tortillas. I tell ya, I love me some eggs lately! They're so so good! I've decided to try to cut down on snacks, because I feel like I'm over eating just because the food isn't necessarily "awesome". After dinner, we did more dancing and listening to my ipod. I need to find a way to get Justin Beiber to Guatemala so these girls can actually see the boy. I think 90% of them would pass out.
After dinner I took a much needed shower, and have been relaxing ever since. I'm currently watching Rebecca put together a puzzle that she's been working on for at least an hour. Hardest working puzzle-er I've ever met. I got the opportunity to Skype with Brandi earlier, and it was so good to see her face and talk a bit & catch up! AND...drumroll...WILL answered his phone when I called tonight! haha-such a blessing! I'm trying to decide right now whether or not to wait up to call him back when he's not shooting things. Votes?
Tomorrow should bring about more fun! School again, hopefully pancakes for breakfast (we've had sooo many eggs lately!), and then another walk into town. We've decided that some form of exercise every day is good for us or else we'll just slop around like little piggies.
I hope that ya'll are eating plenty of meat for me, and also enjoying pasta! :)
Can anyone tell that I'm at a lack for "real" food lately??
Love ya'll!
No comments:
Post a Comment