for 5 seconds i'm going to scream really loud about how excited i was this morning when i woke up. 1..2..3..WAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really didn't want to get out of bed for breakfast this morning, but i made myself, only because of the sheer thought that it might be pancake morning. i stumbled in my sweatpants, through the rain, across the yard ( i act like it's far or something). i got there and the table was set. 5 minutes later there was a stack of 3 pancakes topped with warm plantains and maple syrup. you would have thought that i was in the greatest place on earth. i beamed with sleepiness from ear-to-ear. Tia was astonished at how fast i gobbled them up, and afterwards she said, "emm...te gusta panqueques?" i said "SI!!!!" after my delectable breakfast, i SKIPPED my way back to my house, where i proceeded to go back to sleep. also, sarah and i ended up sleeptalking ourselves to sleeping until 8:15 this morning. another morning as bad interns.
HOWEVER. at work today, we got the ENTIRE library and Accelerated Reader program accomplished! SO excited for it! i also did some tutoring with Candy, and then Rachael and I "taught" English class again. I put quotation marks there because everytime that we go to teach, it never really happens. we plan these really amazing lesson plans, and then the girls get minds of their own and the games and things never turn out as we plan!
for lunch today we had the most amazing thing ever. my stomach was soooo happy. we had barbequed chicken, salad with broccoli and carrots, potatoes and rice! i ate every single bit of food on my plate and just wanted a lot a lot more. mmmm!
after school today, the other interns and i went to the snackroom and just pigged out. we think we're all on a growth spurt because we could just eat and eat and eat. while we were sitting in there, Corbey came in and chatted with us for awhile. we talked to him a lot about the girls, and the future of Kids Alive Guatemala-it's so super exciting to see where his vision is for these girls and this whole place!
i went over to the house around 6, and played lots of card games with the girls until supper. we had egg soup which has noodles, and peppers, eggs, and meat in it. DE-LISH. i'm tellin ya'-oasis was on a ROLL for food today! :) after supper i played more cards and listened to some good music with the girls. they all have exams this week, but ar trying to get all their studying done in the afternoon hours rather than at night so that they can do their chores after supper, and just have some free time to relax! we've graded some of the math exams, and it's about 50/50 on who's doing well and who's not. I'm super upset that neither of Rachael and I's 2nd graders did well on their exams! :(
After supper, I was able to come skype with Lauren, my roommate for next year! I'm sooo glad we got to catch up, and she made me super excited for next year!
Pray that it stops raining. It's been raining for a solid 48 hours now, and it's almost depressing again! We're hoping for a walk into San LUcas this week!
Right now, Rachael, Rebecca, Sarah and I are watching Little Women, picking lice from our heads, and eating cake, cupcakes, popcorn, and drinking tea and coffee! Ahhh Guatemalan nights don't get any better than this! :) P.S. I LOVE CAKE. I'm gonna need to make about a million cupcakes when I get home!
Miss ya'll!
No comments:
Post a Comment