well, i HATED waking up at 5:30 again this morning. probably my least favorite thing about this place. even the beans are beating it. we had breakfast at 6:15, and it was almost the worst thing possible. since i've been here, i've discovered that i can tolerate beans, and that i really really like scrambled eggs. however, i do NOT like hard boiled eggs. at all. and the combination of hard boiled eggs, pureed beans, WITHOUT tortillas just makes me wanna vomit. however, i sucked it up, again, and ate every bite. the girls i don't think liked the meal either cause it took all of them forever to choke it down. after breakfast, i came back and sat on my bed for about 7 minutes trying to decide whether to go back to bed, or to be productive and take a shower. surprisingly, i chose productivity. (i think the gross-ness of sweating my way back from San Lucas Sunday is what made my decision!)
Good news-the shower was FREEZING cold. I hated every second of it. After, I got dressed for the day (another GORGEOUS one here!)
At 7:30, I made my way over to the school for our first day back since vacation! NONE of us really wanted to be there. It was hard to get back in the swing of things, but I started my day with a 8am tutoring session with Candy-I was so proud of her. She has ALMOST perfectly memorized and can recognize her numbers 1-6! Hoorah Candy! After tutor-sesh #1, I went with Rachael to math class until break time! Because it was soooo nice out, we decided to spend our entire break outside just eating bananas and soaking up the sun! After break, we found it reeeally hard to go back inside, but little Wendy peering through the window convinced me! Our tutoring session went well, and I think it's about time for her to not get one-on-one help anymore. I'll be super sad to see her go though! :( Lunchtime was so magnificent today! We had a vegetable thing with potatos, carrots, and a green vegetable that I haven't quite identified yet-but it's good! We also had WATERMELON! yummmm! After I cleaned my plate, I went upstairs and decided it was the perfect time for some Oreos and a little siesta! i fell asleep on the couch, and when I woke up, there were about 40 extra people at the Oasis! A mission trip group came and asked if they could present their Gospel Drama for the girls. Of course, the girls were totally into it because they got out of class, but in all reality-it wasn't THAT good. They presented the entire Bible in a nutshell through only actions. No words. Pretty solid performance!
Despues de este, we had to get ready for soccer practice! YIPEE! I really have discovered why I never kept playing this sport. I just plain don't like to play. Llleeeuuughhh! I played defense today, and got a couple of good blocks, but still am not quite pleased with my performance! Maybe over the next 4 weeks some of the girls can give me pointers or something???
RIGHT after soccer, we had supper ready. SO early tonight! The Tia prepared eggs mixed with tomatoes and onion. Yuummmm. I loooved it! I ate all of mine sooo fast, and wanted more, but there just wasn't any! I went back to my house after dinner and showered so that I could go prepare my freshly bought zucchini from the market yesterday! I made it with butter, salt, and water, and then steamed it in the microwave. I'm not sure I got the right consistancy so I will try again tomorrow!
Right now, I'm waiting on the other girls, and I thiiiink that we might pop in a movie with some popcorn before we go to bed. I'm sooo tired today that I might just have to hit the hay early!
Hope ya'll are having such a good Monday! I hope tomorrow's blog won't be QUITE as boring as this one.
Laaahhhvvvv.
No comments:
Post a Comment