Monday, November 24, 2014
satisfaction
"God is most glorified in us, when we are most satisfied in Him."
I wish I could make this blog look kind of like my journal looks, because when I write, I like to copy things down, underline them, draw arrows to them, circle stuff, fold down pages, all sorts of things. If I were writing this post in my journal, I'd start by underlining, circling, AND drawing arrows all towards the word "satisfied".
Here's what I think of when I think of something being satisfying:
1. A fantastic meal (at Miyabi's, Inlet Crab House, Pepian, whatever it might be)
2. An excellent game of tennis
3. A jump into the cool, salty, creek water.
4. A sip of ice cold Coca-Cola from a glass bottle.
5. A fall onto a really fluffy bed.
All of these things satisfy right? The food satisfies hunger, tennis satisfies the itch for exercise and competition, the creek satisfies a hot summer day, ice cold Coke satisfies thirst, and the bed satisfies a tired body. So, essentially, we're receiving satisfaction through all of those things. So, those things, make us feel good. They make us feel refreshed, rejuvenated, comforted, peaceful, and happy.
So, WHY, WHY aren't we that easily satisfied in Christ? What is it that makes us just a little shy of satisfaction in Him? What is it that keeps us from diving in 100% to his cool, fresh water on a hot day, his big fluffy bed of comfort when we're tired, his fruit that come without ceasing when we need filling?
I've discovered, for me at least, that it's a number of things:
a) I think I've got life figured out most of the time.
b) I've got those "things" of life that help satisfy me.
c) I don't want to let those little things go that give me satisfaction.
What I've LEARNED however, {and am still learning at this very minute I'm praying for grace} is that the Lord wants each and every satisfaction to be found in Him. He wants all of our thirsts to be quenched in Him. Not in relationships with other people, not in activities, jobs, or even things, but for each and every satisfaction that we have, to be satisfied in Him and Him alone.
Matthew 6:33 - "But seek FIRST the kingdom of God and his righteousness."
Again, I'd draw a little arrow up to this scripture, and I'd put with little stars probably *Memorize*
This is my challenge for myself this week folks, to seek primarily the kingdom of the Lord, and find my satisfaction in Him and his goodness each and everyday, that I might not fall short of what He desires for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment